Melbourne Victory vs Newcastle Jets Predictions
October 31, 2018
Neither team has started the current A-League campaign in the best of ways, with the Jets having only mustered a solitary point from their opening two games and Victory actually currently languishing at the foot of the A-League table as the only team yet to secure a point.
To date, the Jets have lost 2-1 away to Wellington Phoenix and picked up a point from a 1-1 draw away to Adelaide United last time out.
Melbourne Victory vs Newcastle Jets Betting Odds
- Newcastle Jets to win at 17/10 with SportChamps Deposit $50 Get $50 $50 Free Bet T&Cs Apply
- The draw at 13/5 with PointsBet Up to $200 First Deposit Bonus $200 Free Bet T&Cs Apply
- Melbourne Victory to win at 31/20 with Unibet T&C apply $$$ Free Bet T&Cs Apply
- Correct Score betting offers a 2-1 win for Victory at 17/2 with Bet365 T&C's apply $$$ Free Bet T&Cs Apply
- Both Teams to Score’ (BTTS) market at 10/3 with Bet365 T&C's apply $$$ Free Bet T&Cs Apply
Victory started their campaign with a 2-1 loss at home to Melbourne City in the derby, then followed that with another home defeat in going down 3-2 to Perth Glory.
The Jets surprised many under coach Ernie Merrick last season and it already looks as though they might be hard pressed to match or surpass those achievements this time round.
Kevin Muscat’s charges should get back on track soon, with their squad being capable of competing with any of their A-League rivals and with Victory having made the marquee signing of the close season in Keisuke Honda.
In addition to last season’s Grand Final, the teams also met three times in the regular season of course. The Jets got the better of things, with two wins, 4-1 and 2-0 at the McDonald Jones Stadium, with Victory sandwiching a 2-1 win at AAMI Park between those two defeats.
In terms of the betting odds on this game, the Match Result market sees the Jets at 17/10 with SportChamps*, the draw at 13/5 with PointsBet*and Victory at 31/20 with Unibet. One would suspect that Victory will find their feet sooner rather than later, so this could be the game where they finally put some points on the board.
* Odds correct at the time of writing