Unforgotten looks the pick for the 2018 Caulfield Stakes this weekend
October 09, 2018
There are some interesting factors to take into account when betting on the Caulfield Stakes. For instance, the Underwood Stakes has produced more Caulfield Stakes winners than any other lead-up, including Ocean Park (2012) who then went on to do the double by winning the WS Cox Plate a couple of weeks later.
It’s also worth noting that four and five-year-old horses have dominated the Caulfield Stakes results from the past 30 years, while only three mares in the past 30 years have saluted in the Caulfield Stakes.
Caulfield Stakes 2018 Betting Odds
- The Taj Mahal to win at $9.00 with Betfair T&Cs apply Visit T&Cs Apply
- Unforgotten to win at $6.00 with Bet365 T&C's apply Visit T&Cs Apply
- Homesman to win at $5.50 with TopBetta T&C's Apply Visit T&Cs Apply
- Blair House to win at $5.50 with Unibet T&Cs apply Visit T&Cs Apply
- Kings Will Dream to win at $7.50 with PointsBet T&Cs apply Visit T&Cs Apply
- Hartnell to win at $8.50 with Madbookie T&Cs apply Visit T&Cs Apply
As things stand, it’s a very competitive Caulfield Cup betting market. Among this year’s runners, International Cox Plate hopeful Benbatl is leading the market with many of the bookies in ‘all-in’ betting on Saturday’s race, but Unforgotten, D’Argento, Humidor, Homesman, Blair House and Night’s Watch are all in close proximity in terms of the betting odds currently on offer.
The 18-horse field includes only four last start winners. Those are Hartnell, Homesman, Night’s Watch and The Taj Mahal.
Winx’s trainer Chris Waller has nominated four horses in the race, including Unforgotten and D’Argento, who filled the placings behind Hartnell in the Group 1 Epsom Handicap over 1600m.
Unforgotten looks to have the turn of foot required to win on Saturday. At the beginning of September, last season’s ATC Oaks winner Unforgotten burst through the pack in impressive style to score running away in the Group 2 Chelmsford Stakes at Randwick.
It looks a highly competitive race but, at 6.00 with bet365*, Unforgotten looks the pick here.
* Odds correct at the time of writing