Cash Back on JJ Atkins Placegetters
June 04, 2015
With all the hype surrounding the Stradbroke Handicap on Stradbroke Day this Saturday, it’s easy to forget another big race will be contested at Doomben! The J.J Atkins is the first major event on a 9 race card in Brisbane. Bookmakercomau hasn’t forgotten about the Group One and the bookmaker has a promotion for punters trying to back the winner of race 6. Back a horse to win the J.J Atkins with Bookmaker.com.au and you’ll get your money back, up to $100 if your runner finishes second or third. Only punters’ first FIXED ODDS win bet on the race qualifies for a refund.
The J.J Atkins
- Traditionally the J.J Atkins is held at Eagle Farm but as the track is being reconstructed the event will take place at Doomben instead.
- The J.J Atkins is a set-weight race for two-year-olds held over 1600 metres.
- The Group One event totals half a million dollars in prizemoney.
- The race distance is 1600 metres
- Weight conditions on the event mean fillies carry 2kilograms less than colts and geldings.
BLUEBERRY HILL and PRESS STATEMENT are fighting for favouritism with the latter a slightly shorter price of around $4.60. The Chris Waller trained colt has had 2 wins from 2 career starts and looks a promising horse! Filly BLUEBERRY HILL is better at the weights but she’ll have to be just the fifth female to win the race in 22 years. BASSET won well on her debut, but makes a massive 500 metre jump in distance for this. Breeding suggest she’ll cope and we know the Trainer Peter Moody / Jockey Luke Nolan is a winning combination. One at big odds may be CYLINDER BEACH who had some stunning late splits to place third in the Sires produce a fortnight ago. The extra distance looks a positive here. COUNTERATTACK, TYPING and LOOK TO THE STARS are also in the mix.
Sign up with Bookmakercomau and get this great Group One offer on the first major race of the day at Doomben. Will you pick the J.J Atkins winner or at least earn yourself a bonus bet by backing a place-getter?